Inspired: Autumn & Beyond

I can't believe we are already talking about Autumn!  So much has happened this year...terrible things and wonderful things.  You know me, I'm always trying to focus on the positive.  So, I've been looking to nature to keep me inspired – the good earth always delivers.  The ocean, in particular, brings a sense of calm to my soul.  


When I was thinking about a fall collection, I looked to the beach to guide me.  Some people think we don't have seasons here in Southern California, but we definitely do.  You see it in the way the light changes to a deeper gold and how the turquoise of the ocean turns teal. Striations of terracotta, rust, and ochre run through the sandstone cliffs, the leaves on the coast live oaks become a darker green, and the fruit of the prickly pear cactus turns deep red.


And while the days do get shorter, the fall months – especially September and October – are some of our warmest.

So any collection inspired by Southern California's fall has to be transitional by nature.  It has to embrace some of our typical notions of fall, and also be evocative of the geography that birthed it.

Of course, anyone who works with their hands knows how much materials can have a voice too.  I've been loving the copper and bronze chain and leather pieces that are in my studio.  Some of the stones I've used in this collection, I've had for a while, and they really spoke to me as I began to create.  A big part of my process is just feeling the materials.


I'm so excited to share this new collection with you at the Virtual Trunk Show on Facebook that will launch the Autumn & Beyond Collection.  There will be limited edition pieces, giveaways, and more! I hope you will join me on the Autumn Equinox, Tuesday, September 22 from 3pm-5pm PDT.  To reserve your seat, join the event now!

And as a special treat, here's a behind the scenes photo of me styling model, Aura Walmer, for the lifestyle photoshoot.  See that golden light?


P.S. Here's the first giveaway reveal! Click on the video below.

Just as a reminder... join the event now!

xo, Lori





Comments

Popular Posts